Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sports Overview-NBA

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love sports. (I think that's one of the reasons my hubby married me.)DING! From what I'm told, men are pleasantly surprised when a woman is knowledgeable about more than the Real Housewives of Atlanta, Basketball Wives, and shopping, especially when it's about sports. Because of this, I feel it necessary to speak on a few sports things as they come along just so you guys know that we chicks are on top of things...

NBA: League play has definitely picked up over the last few weeks. It hasn't exactly been the best season since the lockout. We're not even going to mention the HORRIBLE.com All-Star game and Slam Dunk Contest. It's been a marathon season with some surprising trades (never thought I'd see Rip Hamilton in a Bulls jersey or Derek Fisher in a Oklahoma City jersey), but the playoff picture is beginning to show. With only a few games left in the regular season, I'm going to make some EARLY predictions as to who I believe will end up playing for the championship based on the current standings.

2011-2012 MVP: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
Eastern Conference Championship Game: Chicago Bulls vs Miami Heat Part II
Eastern Conference Champ: Chicago Bulls

Western Conference Championship Game: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. LA Lakers
Western Conference Champ: Oklahoma City Thunder

2012 NBA Champions: Oklahoma City Thunder

I know that a few folks will be mad that I didn't say the Mavs, but I have legitimate reasons. I'm still a little hurt over blowing up a championship team after only one ring. We've milked the ONE ring as much as humanly possible, but we need more! Why not keep the team and change out what didn't work? I won't even touch all of this Lamar Odom business; it's just not worth my time and it runs me a little hot. I don't know why we brought him here in the first place... The fact is OKC is hot right now. They were close last year, and now with Kendrick Perkins and Derek Fisher... I can't help but feel that this year is theirs. Chicago will give them a deep run, but I think it'll be OKC in 6 or 7.

Feel differently? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment