Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Highs & Lows of Life

Today, I had a wonderful time at church. I've grown so much in my relationship with God and faith since I've been a member at Monument of Faith. My pastor and prophet, David Turner, spoke so profoundly about how the highs and lows balance our lives. What was so amazing about it was the fact that he was completely on target as to how I was feeling.

He got the idea from watching the news! It amazes me how he catches things that I would never have thought about. He was watching reports about the storms and weather that has been happening in north Dallas and surrounding suburban areas, specifically the tornadic weather. In order for tornadoes and other severe weather to happen, a high front and a low front must collide. Once the two combine, something amazing is created in the atmosphere. That's so deep.

He expressed that the same thing happens in life. When you hit lows in your life, look toward highs to come and create something for yourself. Sometimes when you stay in your highs for too long, you begin to think that it's YOU that's making things happen on your own and you forget about God. You stop praying, fasting, and seeking guidance, but that's when the lows come. We must find the balance in life. For every measure of success, there's always a balance, but it's up to us how we handle it. We should thank God for the lows, because it is in the lows that we find ourselves and realize that we are much stronger than we thought. The lows teach us endurance and faith, which makes the highs so much more amazing!

What a profound and thought-provoking message! It truly touched me.

No comments:

Post a Comment